Monday, March 21, 2016

15th - 21st March 2016


Well pretty quick week only feels like yesterday I was emailing home! We had a lot of stuff
to do to prep for our cultural night which was pretty annoying as it was pretty much just 
me running it! It went well in the end we had a lot of non members come although a lot of
them left early, we didn't have too many members there which would of made it a lot 
better, I guess you cant win them all though. 

A lot of contacting this week which made the majority of our time, I have also started 
waking up an hour earlier so I can get better at the language I realise how important it is
to be able first understand exactly what they are saying and then get exactly the point 
across that you want and if you cant do that it will make things a lot harder then what 
they have to be.

We had a lesson with someone who we have taught for a while now, he said that he thinks
as long as you live the 10 commandments and be a good person you will be saved and 
that when Jesus comes down he wont say that only the Catholics can come to heaven ect..
. So that was pretty frustrating in the end... We will keep having lessons with him maybe 
he will continue to learn and change. We had 2 of our less actives come to church which
was great, they struggle financially to get there which makes it tough, I just hope they will
continue to come.

I also spoke on Sunday which was good, I was still writing it as sacrament meeting was 
going because I only got asked the night before church, I didn't mind the challenge though 
I always like writing up talks and then getting a native to correct it because you can really 
see where you are in the language.

English class has been going really good too, we have 3 students who usually come and 
they have recently been asking more questions about our faith and they bring us 
chocolates! We must run a pretty good English class!

This next week I will be going to Karlovac on exchange with the Zone Leaders which 
should be fun I have never been there before I heard its pretty small though, we also have 
Zone Conference in Zagreb the day before Easter so that should be great, all in all it's 
been a good week though just have to keep going forward in faith! hope you all have a 
great Easter and celebrate hard! but remember... don't have too much fun without me.



















--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment