Thursday, August 13, 2015

5th August - 27th August 2015



















Hey mum, dad & family :D

Well I finally get to check my emails it was so good to read them and hear things that I actually know about. I arrived on the Monday I left (Tuesday for you guys) I think I got the cold that everyone had so the last week I have been sick, coughing heaps and most of my district has it now too it might not of been from you though. The plane ride was so boring I didn't get much sleep and didn't eat much for the next couple of days after I arrived.

It is all well now I am eating lots I feel fat :/ they have unlimited food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So the way it works is there is a zone which is all the missions which are kind of close to us (Bulgarians, Macedonians, Slovaks, polish ect..) and the zone leaders are elder bednar and elder bebel who are both american and yes Elder Bednar is a relative of David Bednar. There is then districts which are the mission specific so our district has 11 people and they are all going to Adriatic north with me. I am the only non american in the district and I'm pretty sure for the whole zone, it kind of sucks but that's okay. I am in a trio companionship with Elder Matthews and elder Deeluew, they are both from Utah and they are pretty cool, being in a trio has its ups and downs but overall it is good. It is a bit weird having to be with someone 24/7.

The first language class was crazy, the moment I walked in the teachers were speaking Croatian at me and I had no idea what they were saying, they rarely speak english, maybe a sentence a class so its full immersion into the language. I am starting to get how the language works though it's just a matter of memorising words ect... they expect you to know 500 words and 150 phrases minimum before you leave the MTC. Next week I will be learning Serbian and what all the letters mean. We have already taught 4 gospel lessons to a Croatian "fake" investigator who we found out will be our teacher his name was Dabor, it is so hard as sometimes one word that you don't understand will stuff up the whole lesson.

The first devotional that we had was Russel M Nelson, it was so cool to listen to the president of the quorum of the 12 speak i learnt a lot from that!
I have learnt so much gospel based information on my mission so far and it has only been a week and a bit! I'm really missing you guys and its hard to walk around and hear no aussie accents or no funny saying from Richard, Asher and no Rusty chilling in the lounge room no Faith or Rachael teasing :D. I hope that Liam went well with his L plate lessons and that everyone is doing well. If you guys want it would be really cool if you could use the "dear Elder" thing it means I can receive emails on paper during the week instead of waiting till Thursday to check my emails, this will also give me more time to reply and give you better emails as I only get 1 hour. You can pretty much send me anything here at the MTC people get food packages and all kinds of things all the time, pretty much any letter or dear elders make the week so much better! I got one from Kim so if you have any questions ask her she knows how to use it.

Need some photos of that EH dad!

I have some photos but I can't take anymore as I can't charge the battery because I don't have a converter for american to australian power, by any chance could you send me one? I would absolutely love a package from you! all the other missionaries get letters, packages everyday I feel a bit out getting nothing but I know that you are thinking of me and that you love me and that is all I need. I can also send hand letters back and ill send you some things here and there. If you could also maybe please pretty please send a couple of normal shirts to wear, some lamingtons, shapes, smiths salt and vinegar crinkly, maybe some solo? and my favorite drink bottle of voss :D:D:D its up to you though. Oh and the external hard drive too, ill put the address to send to on the bottom of the email.

Now my schedule is pretty busy we wake up at 6:30 every morning to be at breakfast by 7 to then be in class around 8 and from 8AM - 11AM its personal study, comp study then language study then it's lunch for an hour then its 12PM - 3PM of language and lesson prep study then its gym for an hour then dinner, then we ave study again from 5PM - 9:30PM then bed. It's so hard for me to sit still in a classroom for all that time, I'm glad they at least have a little bit of spare time to get some exercise. P days are on Thursday for me I have temple in the morning which I just got back from that was cool, not too much different to the one in Melbourne just bigger, a lot more rooms and they have a cafe there too! So usually ill be email you at 11am - 4pm thurdays on american time so I'm not sure what that is exactly for you. 

I want to say a lot more its kind of hard to explain every little thing that happens at the MTC if you email a list of questions on dear elder i could write some replies during the week for you :) I want to upload some photos I took but it wont let me for some reason :(

Love from Starješina Winfield (pronounced Star - Yay - Shina)

No comments:

Post a Comment