Friday, September 4, 2015

28th August - 4th September 2015

Hey family it's me again! It feels like it was just the other day when I emailed you last, things are kind of flying by. I received your care package the other day, thanks so much! I know it costs heaps to send things over so after you send the last couple of packages don't worry about anything after that, I will be able to make it to the mission field in one piece! 

Thanks for the photos the cake looks very yummy and I love faiths face in one of the netball photos! what a classic! Today at the temple we did endowments which was nice although I nearly fell asleep during the video. Once I got back I had 2 hours sleep and now here I am waiting for my laundry to get done :)

So for basketball does that mean the grand final is this Monday? or the Monday after? It was good to see that the tigers are still doing great! I h'ope we don't play North Melbourne in the elimination final, they have the stick on us. 

This Sunday is fast Sunday so I'm not sure what is going to go on. I take it we won't have any breakfast or lunch though :( last Sunday my companions and I taught priesthood which went for 45 minutes and went really well, I didn't realise that teaching in english is so much easier then I thought!

We had a tie draft last Friday night and I saw a red tie which looked nice and it ended up being a Utah State College tie which apparently is awesome to some and hated by others, the rivalry between schools here are quite funny. By the sounds of it things are starting to get back to normal at home, I hope that everyone is getting over their colds ect... I am definitely over mine i just have to make sure that i stop eating so much food, I'm 75kg last time I weighed and that was at the start of the week, before I left I was around 68kg - 70kgish so I have put on a fair bit! Too bad its all going to my stomach, I figure I'll lose most of it when I get on to the mission field because I won't have that abundant choice of food.

This week we had an apostle speak! Dallin. H Oaks I was sitting about 10 meters from him, and when he left via his car I was even closer, I gave him a wave! He spoke on the importance of teaching people, not lessons. Making sure that you have that spirit with you and that you learn how to teach the plan of salvation off by heart and teach the why we are here and the why ect... before you teach things like commandments and the whats. I'll send some notes over from it, I think it could be a great help to the young men preparing for their missions and what they should be focusing on, most of his talk was from PMG so if they learn that they will be alright.

This week the language is getting more intense as we learn more and more grammar rules, I completely get pretty much every rule I'm just struggling to memorise words, cases and phrases. I am definitely not one of the smartest ones with the language in the class, I'm probably in the middle if anything lower. I just need help in remembering all my words and being able to put them into sentences a bit quicker, we do a language assessment this week so I guess I'll see where I am really at, I'm not too stressed though. talking to Myles Mits he said you'll learn more on the field then anywhere else and that he didn't know too much leaving either. \

I don't have really any photos this week I'm sorry :( nothing special happened and we couldn't take photos of the Elder oaks which kind of sucked! I know you will be reading this email at 7am just as the kids have left for seminary! I'm missing everyone so much. This week I spoke to some people and found out I get to call you when I'm at the airport before I leave to Croatia so look forward to that!! then on Christmas we can skype! I heard that Richard is leaving the the NT again which would suck :(

So I have some questions, what's going on at home? anything in the house changed? is Logan working with Callan? How is the red rago going does anyone drive it? What's going on in youth has anything funny happened? How is Oscar going!? 

Liam's stories at his ski camp were very funny! One thing you realise when you go on your mission is that the little things are the things that matter, the photo of the family on my wall that I see when I go to sleep, the absence of Rusty walking around the house and being a funny dog is something I miss so much, the background noise of kids screaming, the sound of the tv, the car starting, there is so many things to miss! Also mum I am brushing my teeth, in fact I look forward to it! There is nothing else to do in this place.

Hopefully this week I can learn a lot more words then I did last week, I'm really looking forward to working hard and really getting into it, I feel like I can get a bit slack at times and just kind of day dream about nothing. I am sure it will get better I just need to keep pushing on.  There is 11 others going to the same mission as me and there are about 50 missionaries already there so we are 20% of the mission! I get along really well with Elder Parkinson, Elder Jex & Elder Geertsen, we always go outside for language study as the weather is very hot! Elder Parkinson (aka. Joey, Parko) looks the exact same as Joey off full house! hence the nickname Joey! Ill send you a photo next week, His mum sent Dr. peppers for me and him, they have been in the fridge the last 2 days so they will be nice and cold! Elder Geertsen's mum sent the green shirt which will be in the photo I will send, it is the Philadelphia Eagles and that's the team that they support!

I dont know what else to add.... I really enjoy receiving the dear elders every night it lifts me up everyday. Hopefully this week will be a bit better and that I can get more done. Oh I forgot to add I got my calling! For the next 3 weeks ill be Online Coordinator which means I do jack all, So that was nice haaha I wouldn't want to be Zone or District leader that would suck. I make jokes about being online coordinator all the time and talk about how I have so much authority and that I can send missionaries home if they take more then an hour on the email! 

One thing I realise at this MTC is that they throw the word exact obedience around a lot and I can understand why they do that but sometimes I don't understand, there are a lot of stupid rules that I struggle to follow such as, wearing the same type of clothing as your companion ie. short sleeve or long sleeve or suit or sweater. Making sure that you are always with your companions 24/7. ect......

I have kind of ran out of time for emailing sorry it was so short! 

love you heaps!




--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment