Monday, December 28, 2015

22nd - 28th December 2015

So first of all I would like to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS here from Zadar, can't believe the year is already nearly over things have gone pretty fast but at the same time it has been a long time since I had left on that plane. 

It was a very busy week this week with zone conference in Zagreb but it was great being able to see some of my mates from the MTC which I hadn't seen in about 3 months because I was in the Serbian zone before.

So on Wednesday we took the bus which was a good 4 hour bus ride so I got a good sleep on the way, once we got there it was like a family reunion seeing all my mates from the MTC, we were so excited. Then the zone conference started which was pretty much going through some of the numbers for the year and going over rules that are specific to our mission. We then got split off into two groups and then we went into the middle of Zagreb and caroled for about 45 minutes and during that I had one of those moments where I realized I was in the centre of some crazy country singing songs in some weird language and that everyone is looking at us like whats wrong with these people, as no one really does anything like that here in the Balkans.

That night we got to go walk around the center of Zagreb and have a look at what was going on, it was fun just to walk around with a bunch of other missionaries, you don't realize but its so hard to just be with 1 other person all the time, you can kind of take friends for granted because as soon as I went on that bus ride home it was just me and Elder Hillock again. But it was okay I had Christmas and my Skype home to look forward to.

So on Christmas eve we were allowed to go to Midnight Mass here in Zadar which was crazy, a lot of people and it was just a solid hour of a catholic priest just repeating prayers ect... quite boring but interesting, it is pretty much the same as what the do here for Catholics in Australia except that it was in another language which made it a lot different of an experience.

So yeah then the next morning I went to the Devers which are the Senior Couple here in Zadar and I made Palačinke which went well, we were full after that! We then enjoyed just relaxing until my Skype call and it was so good to here from my family and friends! It's funny though how nothing changes too much, so far anyway. We then just watched 17 miracles and just relaxed, played UNO it was just a relaxing day. 

Then the next day just back to the normal things, working ect... I'm not too excited for working over new years break and during all the party season and everyone will be lighting fire crackers and just drunk... I don't know what we are going to do but I guess just keep going.

Investigator wise we still have a couple of eternal investigators who we try and see occasionally and then unfortunately we haven't found any really good investigators during our contacting time, it is frustrating, sometimes you just question, whats the point. But I know if you just keep pushing forward with faith and working, something good will come.

Well I hope everyone has a great New Year and enjoys the holiday season! 

Love Elder Winfield










​ ​

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment