Monday, January 4, 2016

29th December 2015 - 4th January 2016

Well this week was pretty chaotic with new years and post Christmas celebrations there were a lot of people out, not all sober which made it pretty hard for us to do our job but we taught a lot of lessons on the street which went pretty well, got a few numbers and I'm hoping things will go well with that as we call them later in the week.

This week was kind of just another week in the mission though just doing the same things everyday, contacting and talking with randoms, you get to see all the personalities here in Zadar. You have to be careful and try not to talk to old guys sometimes they will talk to you for an hour straight about random things such as the war and all, they love to talk..

So on New Years Eve we just did our normal route and there was a lot of people with there friends getting drunk ect.. but we did end up finding someone that night which made it all worth it. We had fire crackers thrown at our feet from the roof tops and someone even spat from the top of there apartment and it landed right next to me...

We had to go to bed on normal time so we didn't get to celebrate any New Years which kind of sucked but that's fine, the thing is here in Croatia you can buy fireworks and crackers anywhere, big or small because its not illegal and that meant that there were fire crackers going off every half second literally I felt like I was in some sort of war zone. It was all pretty cool though until one big one goes off right next to you and then you can't hear for like 5 minutes! 

The rest of the week just included our normal routine, nothing changes too much around here and I get the feeling that I will be staying here for the next transfer, it's just the vibe I get! It isn't a bad thing though the people here are very nice, it's just a little different being in a small branch and not being able to speak the language the best, I had to conduct business which was fun in front of everyone! they all got to hear my bad Croatian. I then got told later that night by someone on the street that I sound like a Serb :/ it's quite hard to adjust to the different dialects.

This week we also gave the Priesthood to one of our recent converts, he was baptised literally the day before I came, his story is cool, he found out about Mormons through someones you tube channel and saw how happy the were he investigated the church online for about a year and talked with people online then he finally got the guts to come to church and did, then the missionaries before me taught him the lessons as quick as possible as he wanted to get baptised and then he was! His family was against it and kicked him out of the house, so he now lives in an apartment in Split which is 2 hours drive from Zadar so he drives every week 2 Hours to church he is truly an inspiration! I'm looking forward to seeing him bless the sacrament for the first time next week. He is 23 years old.

I don't know what else to add really, things are going well here its just a daily grind to find people to teach, I feel like this week will be good as people will be back to thee normal schedule and out of party mode and usually the new years calls for change and those people who are looking for change are out there we just have to find them and I know we will!

I hope everyone had a great new years and hope they have a great week,

Love Elder Winfield








--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment