Monday, October 24, 2016

18th - 24th October 2016



Hello it was a pretty big week here, first of all on Monday we emailed and chilled out a little, just had a nice relaxing day. Tuesday we went to Zagreb to pick up our greenies! We arrived early in the morning and waited for them to arrive. When they arrived we took them out contacting straight away! They look so tired but they were willing to work which was good, after that we had some lunch and chilled out. The person I took out contacting for the first hour actually ended up being put as my comp his name is elder valentine and he is from sandy utah! He is a good guy we are doiing well, it's hard to think back to when I just came out and all the struggles you had, you kind of forget about them all and think that people just come out here speaking fluently but its not like that! He is doing well he is getting better and better daily.

Tuesday we were at the presidents house and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast from sister Grant, after that president Grant released the transfer board as to where all the greenies were going, after that we had a few more meetings and then we were on our way! It was a long drive but we got there in the end. 
Wednesday was pretty busy just getting food and planning and doing all the administrative stuff, we ate some lovely Serbian food as well. 
On Thursday we had kind of a normal day nothing too special just contacting and etc..  it was good fun though.
Friday we had a special conference with Elder Hallstrom and Elder Johnson where they addressed the whole mission in Zagreb which was great they had a lot of great points which I'll take into my missionary work! We had to leave at about 4 in the morning to get to Zagreb on time for the meeting, the other elders didn't want to drive so I did, I was so tired but its okay we got there!
Saturday was much of the same, we had a district meeting at night which was fun and I also prepped my talk for Sunday as I had a talk along with some other missionaries.
Sunday we had church and I talked as I said it went well, it's hard to change back to Serbian again but I'm getting there slowly but surely! It's hard to teach my greeny Serbian when I dont even speak it half the time, its good though I think another week and I'll pretty much be fully adjusted back to Serbian.
This week there will be a lot on, in about and hour we will head off to Beograd which was my first area for the book fair to help out the other missionaries! Exactly 1 year ago I was in Beograd doing the same thing! but now the tables have turned and I'm not the greeny instead I'm the trainer! Have a good week!


--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 










just arrived in Beograd thought I would send a photo before I had to go it's me and my greeny!









1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are the best , l miss you ,brother,love you , budi dobar, rekao sam Osbornu da te čuva , greeting , my friend

    ReplyDelete