Monday, May 8, 2017

2nd - 8th May 2017

Well this week was really busy! 

Monday we had a normal day, apart from the fact that we didn't have internet at the church so we ended up going to the senior couples, we also made home made pizza which was fun! Apart from that though we didn't do a heck of a lot more.

Tuesday we had a bit of a hectic morning... The internet still wasn't working and we had a skype meeting with Pres. Grant and the senior couple were out shopping so we had no way of doing the skype so we just left earlier to Zagreb and did it in the mission home before MLC started. After we had our meeting we had a lovely dinner cooked by Sis. Grant and then we had 3 hours of meetings as usual, after that we went out the back and played basketball for like an hour, it was fun as always...Ii miss the competitive side of things in life sometimes! 

Wednesday I was so sore.... I woke up and could barely feel my body haha I think it was the 3 hour drive combined with lots of moving fast which I haven't done in a long time... I cant imagine my first football game back will be like.... We had breakfast in the morning and then straight up had the rest of our meetings. We left at around 1 and then headed back home, we got a little lost on the way back too because of the stupid GPS but we made it eventually... After that we had dinner and started preparing the for the Zone Conference we were having on Saturday.

Thursday was again pretty busy, we had district meeting which ended up falling apart at the end because the sisters had to go do visa crap of some sort... I don't know... then we had the internet guy come and fix things... after that we had a lesson with a member, we are trying to get him to quit smoking so that he can prepare himself to go to the temple! We have this crazy program that the church released ages ago... it involves grapefruit juice and some weird cinnamon mouth wash... it seems to be working though. After that we had english class, we have about 4 new students which is cool, it's so hard to teach english when you both speak it pretty different.. (meaning bowles and I) because they first... can't understand my accent so I just end up speaking in serbian the whole time... second whenever we go through pronunciations it's just chaos! Oh well... I can't wait to get back and not get weird looks every time I speak english...

Friday again was pretty crazy... we had to prepare our hour long presentation on the Book Of Mormon, as well we had to prepare the food, we made some pulled pork, it was really good! We had the Sarajevo elders come eary so they helped out with the food which was nice, after that we had Insitute, we watched a session of general conference which was nice because we didn't have to teach then, it allowed us to prepare the room for the Zone Conference. After that we went home and we had no umbrellas and it started to bucket down rain... good fun..

​Saturday was the big Zone Conference, we had to wake up earlier because we started the Zone Conference earlier because Pres had to head back a little earlier! I lead the meeting again which was fun... not really, I don't enjoy it but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do! Our presentation was whatever, we had only 40 minutes for our hour presentation because the senior lady before us went over time... oh well. It was alright though we got the job done! After that it was just cleaning and I just died... I fell asleep at the end.. haha I was tired as.

Sunday was church,​ we had to be there early for a branch council, after that it was fast and testimony meeting which was great, the member who we are working with smoking bore his testimony about it and it was really cool! After church we had some tithing to do and weekly planning, after that we made honey chicken to break our fast! I love my asain food as yous know so that was great, kind of felt a little sick after but that's alright. Then yeah, just worked and that was about it!

This week should be fun too, we have some exchanges with Tuzla so ill be there for a bit, apart from that it will just be normal missionary work! I am looking forward to finding someone cool!

Love you all and hope yous are doing well :) Looking forward to our skype too!
--
Elder Winfield



Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment