Monday, August 7, 2017

1st - 7th August 2017

Well this week was on word.. HOT. 
This week was my last non busy week you could say so it was fun just to do the usual grind of contacting and more contacting! Unfortunately we didn't find anyone really cool but yeah. 
Monday was great apart from that the email place that we usually go to wasn't open so all 4 of us had to share the church computer which is a potato.. But after we got done with all of that we went to a members place and had some lovely stew and just had a chill day! It was great, although hot >.< at least we didn't have to be in our proselyting clothing. 
Tuesday was a long day, we went on exchange as my comp and elder Deleeuw had to do an audit at the church which took forever so I was with Lerohl all day! It took me back to our hot days in Varazdin! It was fun though it was just work, eat, nap, work, eat, study nap. We did also have english but I think because of the heat no one really showed up, we ended up have just 1 student come. 
Wednesday was good, we had district meeting and I had the lesson which was on baptism, I think it went well I don't know.. I can't be the one to comment on it so I guess I'll just leave it at that! After district meeting it was just work work work! We had a dinner appointment at our favourite peoples house! That was a blast as always! 
Thursday again was just a lot of work! Really hot but we got there eventually. It was just a long day of contacting and then we had dinner with the other elders just before english class! Again it was a pretty poor turn out but we had our dedicated student who always comes! He is a really nice guy, he is also counting the days down for us! He is going to party with us on James Bond day, which is when we have 007 days left! haah 
Friday was probably the hottest day of my mission! We Didn't have a lot to do either... it was again just contacting. I don't really remember what happened this day I just remember it was hard! 
Saturday was good we cleaned the church and the morning and had lunch with the other elders and then we had a lesson with a member. After that it was contacting until the other elders came back from Beograd then we went to a fancy restaurant for dinner to celebrate our 2 year mark!!! wooo so yeah that was fun, they then stayed the night at ours and we danced and laughed about good old times until we slept. 
Sunday was church as usual, we had our usual investigator who has been coming and we asked him to have a lesson for today and he said yes which was cool so we had a good lesson but ill talk about that after this. Anyways so it was fast and testimony meeting and it was cool to hear others testimonies! I got a text during the meeting though that we were not going to be able to spend our last Sunday of the mission in Sremska Mitrovica so us 3 that are going home bore our last testimonies, it was a bummer because I felt a little rushed and I didn't really say all that I wanted to but that's okay. After that we contacted some more and then we had dinner etc... made our classic Sunday evening Palacinke! and slept... 
Today we don't have a lot on which is nice so we can have a relaxed day! Much needed! We had a lesson this morning with one of our investigators and when I asked him whether he wants to get baptised (as he has came to church the last 7 weeks in a row) he said yes! He said he wants to learn a little more before that but said that he would. Which is awesome! I won't be here to see that but I'm excited for that to happen, we will be meeting him again this week and have some more lessons which is good, he is an old man and prefers just to talk in a casual manner rather than having a proper lesson so it's a little different than usual but it works!
On the whole it was a successful week! This week will be pretty busy as we have a lot on with zone conference etc... so I guess until next week! Lataz! 




​Love yous! xo​

--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment