Friday, September 11, 2015

5th - 11th September 2015

Bok! Family!

This week was pretty boring to be honest I will give you a day by day run down on the fun and boring stuff I did!

Friday: To be honest I don't even remember Friday, I just remember it was a long day, we did have the tie draft which was nice I got a better tie then what I put in which is nice! it was a blue/grey/silver!! 

Saturday: We had a lot of studying to do on Saturday we taught our fake investigators like any other day, I chilled outside for personal study time which was really nice. Saturdays and Sundays are the worst because I can't receive dear elders on those days, I have to wait for Monday. On a Saturday night at 9pm we sing from 9pm till 9:30pm which I thought I would hate but I actually enjoy it! Liam would absolutely love it here there are so many opportunities for people with music. I'm pretty certain I won't be able to but there is a choir that I can join that goes to the general conference as missionaries so if I can get into that I will so then I will be able to go to general conference you might be able to see me! I'll tell you if I do. But I doubt it.

Sunday: It was fast Sunday so there was no breakfast or lunch which sucked but in the end it was good, I'm glad they had a good dinner. The temple walk we did was really nice as usual I like to relax and sleep. 

Monday: Monday was nice but a bit annoying at the same time, I couldn't get any of the dear elders because it was labour day and nothing was open at the MTC it sucked! But thats okay I got a lot done that day.

Tuesday: In the morning we had service for an hour as usual, we got all our jobs done early which was exciting! We had gym at 9am instead of our usual 3:30pm. I played basketball which was fun I played better then I usually do! That night we had elder Causse speak he is in church bishopric and from France, his talk was so good I really enjoyed it! It was about being bold and that being bold is being humble. He talked about opening your mouth and not being afraid! At the end of his talk he played a song on the piano, it was out of the blue and not what was meant to happen, you could tell he was only new at piano but he did well and it was cool to see someone live up to what they speak about. Now you might be thinking why the title of my email is "Geeeeeez is the pope catholic?!" Well me and my mate Parko (Elder Parkinson) had a funny experience! We were walking to the MTC store where a man in his 50's asked for our help lifting some lawn mower type thing on to the back of his truck, he had 2 people who were about 20 with him but they looked like they didn't know what they were doing , anyways so one of the guys were on the truck and the old guy was with us on the bottom lifting it up and his hand got caught on something, he was screaming and mad as! One of the workers said are you okay? and he replied in a really angry loud american voice  "GEEEEEEZ IS THE POPE CATHOLIC" wow it was so funny hahah 

Wednesday: Wednesday was pretty normal once again, although our district got assigned to be a host for new missionaries coming in. We met them at the curb where they said their final goodbyes we then took them to get their name tags, books ect.. then took them to their room where they drop their bags off then to their class! For those speaking a language it was so funny dropping them off at their classes where they get spoken the language at for the first time, their faces were priceless, because it was what I would of been like when I first arrived at the MTC. My first person I hosted was going to Sydney Australia! He is speaking some Samoan language so that was so cool to see, the rest were going somewhere in america. So that alone took up a good 3 hours, after that we just got back to studying. 

Today! Well today I went to the temple as usual, went to an endowment session, ate my waffle with whipped cream, maple syrup and 5 pieces of bacon. I am about to start washing my clothes after a basketball session with the Bulgarians because they are leaving on Tuesday, I get along with pretty much all of them, one of them will be serving with Myles Mits which is really cool! Nothing really special has happened today but yeah I have TRC tonight which is where we do the equivalent of home teaching to those who speak Croatian (usually its just RM's from our same mission) so I guess I'm looking forward to that.

I'm really sorry again I got no pictures! there is literally nothing to take photos of, I can't take bags or anything into the cafe I can't take pictures in class, I can't take pictures at gym and you have already seen my room, and I take it you don't want to see what the toilets are like... I'll definitely get some this week with all the Bulgarians that are leaving on our temple walk on Sunday.

Congrats to Faith on winning the netball grand final! That's so cool, the EH is coming along nicely dad it will be cool to see the finished product. I am glad that everything is going well and that rusty is doing fine :) You can send my emails on to Elder Rice! I'm sure you will all miss him! Its weird to think that we are fellow missionaries! I just saw about 6 people leave for Melbourne so maybe you will get one of them in our ward, one of them is friends with one of my comps he is kind of Asian looking with glasses you might get him, if so look after him.

I'm so excited to see how the tigers do this weekend! You should of gone to the game dad, I know we don't match up well against the roos but I think we can get up if we play our best!! you will have to send me and stats and things :P

I'm not sure what else to say, things are going alright over here, I have a few pimples coming up here and there which is annoying, it's because I'm sweating around my collar so much ect.. oh well... I'm pretty well used to the MTC life by now so nothing is really getting new at the moment, if anything special happens ill tell you all. I'm really just keen to get out of here and on to the field! I hope everyone in the ward is doing well and that they are all having fun! 

I Love you all and I am missing you heaps! if you reply to my email with any questions within the next couple of hours I will be able to reply so feel free to! 

LOVE YOUSS!



--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment