Monday, January 18, 2016

12th - 18th January 2016

So this week was actually pretty quick, I think mainly because we had zone conference. So it started off pretty normal, we had a pretty boring P day and just hung around inside, but this weeks and next weeks P days will be much better I'm sure! 

To be honest though it was probably one of the hardest weeks so far in this transfer, no one was listening and I think a big reason was because "Bura" is here and that's this big wind that comes from the mountains is it really cold, people here say its healthy for you but I disagree! No one had been outside because of this crazy wind and no one wants to talk, but its still okay the work continues on, we taught 4 people street lessons and only 1 of them would probably meet up to talk again, but only to talk about the catholic faith and try and convert us back.

So on Thursday was zone conference and we had to take the 4 hour bus to Zagreb and it left at 5 and it takes about 45 minutes to walk there, so we ended up getting up at 2:45 in the morning, it was rough, but we got there eventually and it was really fun, I learnt a lot about how to teach the Plan of Salvation better so I really enjoyed that. Also being able to catch up with all my mates I've made out here was great too! 

So only 20 days and I'll find out where and who my next adventure will be with, transfers is like getting another mission call, there is like 5 countries that you could go and then the areas are all completely different within the country too! 

We have got a lot of peoples numbers and taught a lot of lessons this month, on average we teach a street lesson (which counts as an investigator) once a day so it's not terrible, I figure as long as I'm working hard and trying to improve that's all that matters. I'm hoping we can meet up with a lot of them this week, we have organised a few appointments, let's just hope that they turn up!

We had nearly more investigators at church then members this week it was crazy! A couple of them were the sisters and the rest were ours, they seemed to all enjoy church, it's so hard though, there is about 20 odd people that come every week and seeing as a quarter of them are investigators the singing is 90% of the time horrible! (from everyone, me included!) its quite fun though.

I'm really starting to enjoy the Zadar Branch and getting a tie with a lot of the members here, I hope I will stay when transfers come, and I get a good feeling that I will be so I guess we will see! 

So on the whole this week has been pretty good! We got a lot done and had a lot of things on, I also got all my visa papers done so I should get my visa finished in a few weeks, by murphies law it will get finished then I'll get shipped off to Bosnia or Montenegro!  

This week we also introduced the 90 day Book of Mormon challenge with the members to just read a few chapters a day, we feel like a lot of members don't have a great knowledge of the Book of Mormon, partly because the translation is very old and the language is really hard to understand in it, but I'm looking forward to the new Croatian translation which should come out this year, although they say that ever year, they will also be getting a proper hymn book! get excited.




--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment