Monday, January 23, 2017

17th January - 23rd January 2017

Hello family! First off I would like to say I'm pumped for Liam and it was cool to see all the photos, I remember it pretty clearly when I left and did the exact same thing!

This week was pretty long to be honest, I have had better but that's okay. We started off on Monday with just shopping ect... cleaned up the apartment a bit, went to the church and then did some office things so that was pretty normal! After that it was just walking around trying to find someone, we had one young guy stop which was good, he listened but was'nt interested at all. 

Tuesday was pretty normal we just contacted all day again. We tried to get a lesson organised with our investigator who we had on baptismal date but she said she was at the doctors and would call back later, of course they don't call back and a couple of days past so we decided to try again but no reply...  Anyways so we had english which is always fun, man the english class here helps me keep going! They are a lot of fun. 

Wednesday was again a full 8 hours of contacting. For some reason, I think because of walking on the uneven ice all day my left foot started to play up which was annoying, I thought it was just a strain or something so I just walked through it, on Thursday it was an all contacting day again, I kind of forgot about my foot then as I was walking it started again, I really didn't want to call the mission nurse or anything but my comp made me and grabbed the phone and started calling her.... that was on the Friday though, so yeah I still don't know whats wrong with it, I put a heat sock with rice in it over it for a while which helps a little with ibeprophen or however you spell it.  It still kind of hurts, they reckon it's like a tendon or something, I'm sure it'll be right, if it's still not good by Wednesday when I go to Zagreb I'll organise a doctors appointment, I just hope its good cause I hate being injured... I think its good though. First time on the mission I've actually been hurt though! 

Friday was again another all contacting day, we took a little bit of a break because of my foot and did our district meeting and weekly planning ect... we usually save it for Sundays but I mean I couldn't walk so we did it then. Apart from that it was just limping around the sitting for 3 hours haaha I reckon I looked so dumb.... 

Saturday was again all contacting, we legit didn't have one person even talk like a sentence.... kind of a sad day, we went to the gypsy market in the morning though to see if they had anything cheap, they didn't but it was fun to see it all again last time I went was when I was here the first time. We cleaned the church too, our whole branch presidency was in Zagreb for a meeting so we were alone cleaning. We contacted our investigator about coming to church, she sad if she could she would, I was pumped, texted all the members saying if she comes make her feel welcome ect... help her understand certain things ect...

Sunday came and yeah unfortunately she didn't rock up, I mean it happens.... We will have to push her baptismal date back some more because of it, i still reckon she can get baptised for sure though, it will just take some time. I was kind of down after sacrament meeting then we were reading the Gordan B Hinkley manual and the first line interestingly said......

Ada Bitner Hinckley, President Gordon B. Hinckley’s mother, often said that “a happy attitude and smiling countenance could boost one over almost any misfortune and that every individual was responsible for his own happiness.”1

so that kind of reminded me that i should be happy for what I'v got and that it is up to me to create my happiness, so yeah I'm not too fussed about what's happened. Everyone has bad weeks I mean it's just how life is! I'm excited for the next ones to come! This next week should be good we have a lot on, I'll be in Zagreb for 2 of the days so that should be interesting...

The cold is a killer though, I don't reckon I have been in much colder haha, it's okay though I'm kind of enjoying it cause I know I wont have it for too much longer then it will be heat, for a long time!

Happy Australian Day too! I hope you guys party hard and don't have too much fun without me... I could really go for a nice snag on the barbie with the cricket going on in the background and cold solo!  

I hope you all had a great week i love you all! :) xoxo 




--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment