Monday, November 2, 2015

27th October - 2nd November 2015

So this week was the most successful week on the mission which is great! I have really enjoyed it, we had the book fair in Beograd which we had a stall for so we spent a lot of time there! It was really nice because we got to know the members better and we sold 50 book of mormon's for 100rsd each which is $1usd so around $1.40aud because we couldn't give them out for free as it was against the book fair rules.
We went on splits this week with the zone leaders so I was still in Belgrade as the zone leaders are in Belgrade, I was with elder Morgan and he is from Salt Lake City, he was trained and Belgrade like me so it was cool to see, he has been out 1 year.  When me and elder Morgan were preparing for English class we got a call from this lady in Kosovo and she said that she wanted to be converted very sheepishly over the phone and we were like what!? We had to go to English class so we said add Beograd Missionary on Skype and we talked later, she said it was a really long story but long story short she wanted to be baptised! As I said before she lives in Kosovo so it's not our mission it's actually the Adriatic south mission but some how she got our number. So there is a lot of problems with Serbia and Kosovo and this lady is from Serbia and her dad lives in Belgrade so she wants to get baptized when she comes to Belgrade for Serbian Christmas which is January but she doesn't want any of her family to find out because they will disown her, it is also not safe for her to go to church in Kosovo because she is Serbian. Very complicated which sucks! The sisters are teaching her over Skype so hopefully that goes well!

This week elder Pantelakis and I received some referrals 3 to be exact so we are really hoping one of them will be baptized as elder Panelakis has 9 months left and still hasn't had a baptism so I'm excited to get him one.



​the top photo is at the book fair, this was at night so not as packed but during the day it was like you were on the train on the way home from footy on a friday night! the bottom picture is some weird fruit im not sure what its called  but it was nice!


This picture was from the balcony of my zone leaders pace, we went on transfers so it was cool to stay in the other apartment it  has a crazy good view~

-- 

Apart from going to the book fair and contacting that has pretty much been our week! tomorrow we are going to do some service for Zika (pronounced zshika) so I'm excited for that, he is a gypsy and lives of not much really so we are helping him cut wood for the winter.
This week has been hard because we ran out of hot water so cold showers are not fun whatsoever! We are going to pay our bills this week so hopefully they turn them back on soon! Today officially marks me being out on my mission for 3 months! It has been a very big learning curve but its been good for me, I'm excited for the next 3 months to come hopefully I can stay here in Beograd but I will find that out on my birthday!
Next week is RnR (return and report) which is pretty much something all the trainers and trainees go to where we have to teach of the lessons (Plan of salvation, the restorations, the gospel of Jesus Christ or the book of Mormon) for 5 minutes in Serbian so I'm really nervous for that because I'm still struggling a little with that.
This week I got the finger which is where you go to stop someone on the street and they just wiggle there index finger side to side and keep walking! it's quite funny you just have to laugh all of that stuff off or you will get yourself down so much, I know there will be someone soon that we will be able to baptise just have to keep going! the member work this week has been great so I'm excited for the weeks to come.
Hope everyone at home is doing well always thinking of you guys and you are in my prayers! have a good week love elder Winfield :)




here was a big traffic jam because the lights were not working so cars were just everywhere, everyone was just sitting there beeping there horns it was quite funny!​

-- 
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment