Monday, October 26, 2015

20th - 26th October 2015



Hello mum and dad, it has been a pretty productive week, pretty busy as well with the book fair going on we have to man the stall from 4:30 till 9 tonight so that should be fun. It isn't an LDS store it's just a little store where we sell Book of Mormon's for 100 dinar which is $1 because we cant give them out for free its against the rules of the fair, we are just using it as a way of talking to people about our beliefs ect.. we have sold 8 so far of one day of it being open, it will be going till next Saturday!
We live in an apartment, there are no flats in Beograd city its all just communist apartments.  We live in an apartment building, I can send you a photo of it but they all look the same, just concrete, you can't even really see our room from it. My comp has 10 months left on his mission and is from Utah :) By any chances can you send me dad's omelette recipe because I think it would be nice to have! Sounds like life is going well back at home, I finished everything for my visa, it should be in my next month so that will be good :) my temporary white card lasts me 90 days in Serbia anyway, if that runs out they do a border run where they take you out the country and then back again then you can do it all again!
Refugees aren't effecting anything I haven't seen many at all, we still have no investigators which really sucks I'm hoping we can find someone during the book fair, it's rough trying to find people but I'm sure we will eventually, my comp has only had a couple of investigators his whole mission so he says this mission is a contacting and tracting mission because that's pretty much all you do.
It's not too much different then the city of Melbourne anything that looks out of the usual is not really accepted, a lot of gypsies and homeless people around and yeah its kind of hard to explain the culture.
It is quite cold in the mornings! that's okay I still have lost any weight so I might actually have to start working and running a bit more.
The basketball didn't end up happening, instead we played table tennis and foosball at the church and that was really successful!


Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

]





Bottom photo is me on the roof of the church eating something I don't know what it is and the other photo is us doing humanitarian work for the refugees . I'll be on in about an hour or 2 so don't stress


The photo with the food is something called burek, its amazing. The other one is the big book fair which we have a stall for.


No comments:

Post a Comment