Monday, February 22, 2016

16th - 22nd February 2016

Well this week was pretty quick in the end! We had Zone conference which took out a whole day but it was a good refresher and good to see all my mates like always!

So I just looked back in my planner to see what I did and I realized it was literally all street contacting and meetings which took up the week, so I'm surprised it went by pretty quick. Maybe instead of saying things that I did during the week I'll just give you an update on whats going on and how I'm going in general.

So I'm still here in Zadar which in fact got voted the #1 tourist destination in Europe which everyone here seems to be pretty proud of and tell us pretty much everyday although I'm not here for a holiday I'm here for the lords work! So it doesn't really effect me at all but I would love to return here for a holiday after my mission.

We have a teaching pool of about 2 people which is one better then when I first got here so that's nice, we had a first lesson with an investigator who has been coming to church for the last few weeks but said to the Sisters who were previously here that he didn't want lessons, so last Sunday I thought I would ask and he said yes so we did, it went pretty well he said he wants to take it slow and just keep coming every week, I just want to make sure he knows the basics because he is just diving right into the deep end by going into the Sunday School class with all the others.

​We also had our Zone Conference in Zagreb which is a 4 hour bus ride from Zadar then a 45 minute tram, so that was fun, President called me up to recite the first vision in Croatian in front of everyone, I'm so lucky I practiced it or I would of looked like a spud!! 

I have now been out on the actual mission for 4 and a bit months and on Sunday i was listening to one of the ladies who had a talk and I realised I could understand 90% of what she was saying without having to wreck my brain, it was a good feeling. I still know very little of this language but its enough to get me around, im making sure i study everyday so I can get it down. 

Sorry for the short email, I guess there isn't anything too exciting happening this week! Maybe next week will be better!​











Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment