Monday, February 15, 2016

9th - 15th February 2016






Well this week was pretty crazy! On Tuesday my new companion arrived and we moved into our apartment which was actually pretty clean (thanks to the senior couple the Devers).  We then unpacked a little and got straight into planning.

Wednesday was a pretty long day we had some meetings and then we had to go to the MUP which is the police station to get Elder Bolan (My new comp) started on his visa work and I also had to tell them I was changing address which they got angry about :/

Thursday was nice we had a decent amount of time to work, and we ended up finding one guy who had been given a Book Of Mormon 5 years ago but hadn't read it, he lives in the mountains by Osijek which is a good 4 hour drive away and sometimes comes to Zadar so we ended up having a good hour conversation about to religion and said he would come to church, unfortunately he didn't but it was still good being about to talk to him despite the pouring down rain in the background.

Friday was a pretty rough day, a lot of rain, not many people so we literately passed 2 people within 60 minutes of walking! It was rough, we went through the area book to see if we could find anyone we could possibly call and we have a bit of a list going to I'm looking forward to see if we can find some people that way. 

Saturday was actually a bit nicer so we had some people and we ended up finding someone to talk to on the streets and taught the restoration as a street lesson, he was a young guy and didn't seem 100% interested as he was into his catholic faith but said he would read about the Book Of Mormon and pray about it although he didn't want to give his number so we could meet up again. We also ended up having a lesson with a less active and she lives with her grandson who is 7 and he is nearly old enough to be baptised and the grandma wants him to make the decision for himself, we went through the Plan Of Salvation and got him to teach it back to us, he did very well and understood a lot more then I thought he would, we also gave him a Book Of Mormon Stories book which he was really happy about as the scriptures are very hard to understand especially in this language even for the natives.

Sunday was great! we had a good turn out of 24 instead of like 9 which has what it has been the last few weeks with a sickness going around, 6 of them being investigators which was really cool to see. We then had dinner at the senior couples house which is something i always look forward to!

So this week we have Zone Conference in Zagreb which I always look forward to as I get to see all my mates! Although I don't look forward to it at the same time because President Grant always makes people go up in front of everyone for role plays... But its okay I know the language enough to get by and not embarrass myself!

A little bit about my new companion! His name is Elder Bolan, he loves to hunt and read books and loves history so I have had a few lectures already, he is from Alaska which is not Utah so I break the Utah streak of 4 companions in a row! 

Apart from that its just the same things going on over here in the Balkans! Just always finding and looking for that person who is ready, they could be anywhere! 

Have a good week, Love Elder Winfield

sorry this is the only one, this is our new district 

On the left you have Elder Matthews who was my companion in the MTC
On the right you have Elder Hillock who was my last companion and was in my MTC group
In the middle you have Elder Bolan who is my companion :)


-- 
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment