Monday, February 8, 2016

2nd - 8th February 2016

Well this week was pretty crazy, we found out transfers, went to split, went to one of the islands and had a little fun while we were at it too.

So first of all I can say that I'm staying here in Zadar! woo. But I still have to pack up and move :( I'm taking over the sisters area and apartment, meaning I have pack up and set up again and get adjusted to a new area, I may as well of moved to another city :( It is okay though I now have McDonalds in my area so I should be good!

So first off we had p day which was amazing, we went to one of the islands called Preko, it was a beautiful sunny winters day! I have dodged the winter, everywhere else in the mission it is snowing but I get sun and 15 Degrees! anyways we hiked up to the very top, took us about 30 minutes and it was well worth it once I got up there! the view was amazing! We then had to hike back down to catch our ferry home, it was a lot of walking that day but i enjoyed it. 

The next day was pretty normal, we had english class which was fun and district meeting, we then just contacted for the rest of the day, it was nothing to special, this week was pretty rough we didn't find any new people.

Wednesday was pretty normal, except once we got home we got a call from president and he told us what was happening with transfers a day before everyone else found out! what a party pooper, we also had a lesson with one of our eternal investigators, we are currently going through the book of mormon with him and trying to help him gain a stronger testimony of it, I think it is working and I reckon that he could get baptised next transfer.

Thursday was busy, we went to see where everyone else was going for transfers and then went to the MUP which is the police station where I had to go and tell them that I was changing address, they were pretty angry :/ We also then had lunch at the Devers as one of the sister missionaries was about to leave back home to america! After that we had english class and then contacted the rest of the night, very busy days!

Friday we had planned to go to Split so we could visit a recent convert and it was a 3 hour bus ride, it was all worth it though, I really enjoyed going over there and teaching the Plan Of Salvation, he was also so excited to have us over, he has given up so much to be a member of this church, his family kicked him out of his home, he now has to live on his own ect.. but he still comes to church every Sunday and is just so faithful, such a great example for me!

Saturday I had to pack a bit, do some planning and get everything ready for this movie night where we were playing 17 miracles with Croatian subtitles, it went really well we had about 12 people there and a decent amount of investigators, unfortunately a lot of people are sick at the moment but I was happy with it all, we also had one of the sisters investigators who will now be mine who has a baptismal date come but unfortunately he couldn't come to church the next day because of work and then bailed on the lesson last night, still hasn't been answering our calls or texts.... it's always really disappointing when something like that happens :(

Sunday we had church which was great, seeing as the sisters left we don't have a piano player so I had to play, using the tap function where as long as you keep the beat you will be fine, and it has no intro so you have to play the first verse through first then sing when the second one starts, but for some reason everyone started singing when I was about half way done playing the intro.... from there it was never going to be the way it was meant to. So that was interesting, apart from that though it was just a normal day at church here in zadar, I then went and dropped one of my bags off at the apartment which ill be in next transfer, you know you have to claim the good bed and desk before your comp arrives ;) I actually don't fit on one of the beds and my comp is very short so that works well anyway.

Now I'm here :) I have my new transfer ahead, I'm looking forward to the challenge and hope that I can achieve my goals. Hope everyone had a great week all the best.






















Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment