Tuesday, February 7, 2017

31st January - 6th February 2017

Well this week was kind of long but good with a few changes going on. 

Monday was pday as normal, we were pretty busy we had a ton of crap to do... just paper work ect.... after that we went home and had dinner ect... cleaned a little, then we went out working for the rest of the night.

Tuesday was about the same just a whole day of work then english class. 

Wednesday we had another normal day, it started to rain a lot so we went inside and did some planning instead... That night one of the members here was getting their patriarchal blessing and they asked me to translate for the first part, (not the actual blessing though of course) and yeah after that it was good to talk to the Hallings... they are the office couple here who are going home in like a month or so! They live in Michigan though where rich and kim are going so that's kind of cool maybe I'll have to go visit...

Thursday was pretty normal, I taught english that day and it was on goals, it was actually a good topic, I set some goals for myself with the language seeing as we have an hour for language study instead of 30 minutes so I don't have to wake up at like 5 if I want to get any sort of good study in. Also all the snow disappeared too because the temperature rose back up to around 9 or so... it was kind of weird to not see snow everywhere.... 

Friday was Zone conference, we had to take a 6am bus so it was an early wake up, the whole conference was good so I enjoyed that, except the ZLs ordered pizza for lunch instead of chinese.... dissapointing... thats alright though, and yeah after that conference we were allowed to start using the new Schedule so yeah.. we started that! It is a lot better i think, you can just put studies wherever you want which makes life a lot easier.

Saturday was busy we had a few lessons booked but dogged us and didn't show, after that we cleaned the church and had our Branch Council. We then had a lesson with one of the recent converts here who is the branch presidents son, we watched Meet the Mormons, it was good I mean it wasn't in croatian and I'm not sure how much he got but he really wanted to watch it so we did. Saturday was really nice weather but of course when the weather gets good we get busy and cant contact.....

Sunday was church as usual, wasn't the best turn up but that's alright I think next week will be really good, it was fast and testimony meeting, I went up and bore mine about D&C 58:4, I have kind of realised since being out here that I look forward to tribulations and hard times because that always means something good and better is around the corner if you have a good attitude. You just gotta be happy with what you have :) 

Unfortunately this week we couldn't meet with our investigator who we had on date, I think she is just kind of nicely letting us down, she isn't really too keen. I think she just had a heat of the moment yes when she accepted the baptismal invitation, I still think she felt something, she maybe just needs a bit of time. We will keep trying to meet with her though.

This week is transfer announcements so yeah the good old nervous week of it all! I'm glad I only have 2 more of those left after this transfer... I hate not knowing :/ We also have President Grant coming to our branch on Sunday which will be fun. 

Apart from all of this not too much special really happened in the mission just another week :), things are going well, think about you guys all the time :) have all of your photos chilling on my desk. Love you all and hope you have a great week :) and mum don't get into anymore crashes.... need you alive when I get back you know.. xoxoxo 

--
Elder Winfield

Starješina Winfield

Старешина Винфилд 

Adriatic North Mission 


No comments:

Post a Comment