Monday, February 27, 2017

21st February - 27th Febuary 2017

Well this week was long but at the same time short. We started off with Monday going to Zagreb for a leadership meeting, it was good, it went for a while but when it ended we went off to play some ball! it was good to have some competitiveness in my life! the most competitiveness i get is over a game of uno....
The next morning was just some more meetings that from there we left back to Banja Luka, We got back at like 4 o'clock then we had english class 2 hours later so we had a quick dinner (giros) then it was english. Seeing as it was a new transfer we had about 5 people there which apparently is pretty good for here, it went pretty well though, its sometimes frustrating teaching english when really you don't have any idea how to speak it. I reckon I have learnt more about english on my mission than I have my whole life throughout school etc..
Wednesday was just contacting, we had a lesson with on of the recent converts which was nice, we taught the plan of salvation and went into more depth about it all, he is preparing to go to the temple this year for the first time which will be awesome for him! also had district meeting which was good, we are planning on trying some new ways of contacting people as we are pretty dried up in that area at the moment.
Thursday we had a big skype call with all of the District leaders of the mission and President, it was good i mean we just talked about some things that he wants us to do better etc... we use this new program called Zoom for the skype calls and President likes that so i reckon we will do more things like that in the future. After that it was just back to work, we also had English again, we had 3 people come instead of 5 but it was still good,
Friday was a good it was just a lot of work, we got a few people who were kind of interested, got their numbers and we will call them again probably tomorrow, we already called them but they didn't answer, i guess we will see! We had Cevapi for dinner which was lovely! they make it good here and its cheap too so its easy on the wallet. After that we had to make a few calls etc... just your average day on the mission!
Saturday we had another skype call with President and all the missionaries, we talked about Zone Conference and what we need to do to prepare for it, as we are having an area authority come.... we need to be on tip top behaviour! you know :) We have to lead a couple of presentations which will be fun.... i guess. The internet cut out as well so we had to join in the call via Phone instead of skype... that kind of sucked. Seems to be that bad internet is following me everywhere. After that we cleaned the church and went to lunch and really just had a normal missionary day after that, contacting!
Sunday was church, it was the shortest sacrament meeting I've ever been to! Both the speakers didn't show up as they were sick, we didn't have any notice and there was only have 5 or so of us so we just called it a day right there.. Also I'm stuck on playing the piano... again... that will be 10 months of my mission having to play the piano... i just use the tapping function or whatever it is, it's so I can look like i know what I'm doing when really i have no idea haah. After that it was just contacting and normal life, made some palacinke for dinner which was lovely!
That was pretty much my week though, nothing too fancy I guess we will see what happens! Ill send a couple of photos as well... I'm getting worse and worse at taking them, I just kind of forget and it's annoying to take a big camera around with me, I need my phone back.
Hope that everything is going well for you guys at home, I'm pumped for the tiges I'm glad that they seem good dad. Looks like the car is getting really close, i can't wait to have a drive in it when i get back. Don't watch too many movies without me mum, you gotta save some good ones for me so I can catch up.
Looking forward to this week, i think we will see some miracles, we are pretty empty over here as we started with no investigators. Just gotta keep trucking on! Something will happen.
Love you all very much! think about yous all the time! Be god and safe. and don't do anything dumb and don't have too much fun without me... save that for when I get back :P
Love Elder Winfield



--
Elder Winfield
Starješina Winfield
Старешина Винфилд
Adriatic North Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment